After the week we had, I thought Saturday would be a great day for a new cookie recipe….and I was right! Ha! What do salted pretzels, chocolate chips, and coconut all have in common? They are excellent cookie ingredients! The crunchy texture of the pretzels is a delicious contrast to the smoothness of melted chocolate chips. But how do you ensure a soft cookie that won’t fall apart when you hold it? My secret ingredient ~ coconut cream pudding mix. Ta da! Subtle coconut flavor without the stringiness of flaked coconut, and the pudding mix gives the cookies just the right amount of pillowy softness. Enjoy!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookie
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 box (4 serving size) coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups salted pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugars in a mixer. Add in eggs and beat until well incorporated. Add pudding mix and vanilla.
- Combine baking soda and flour, then add to mixer bowl ingredients. Gently stir in chopped pretzels and chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until just starting to lightly brown on edges.
- Let cool slightly on baking pan, then remove to wire rack.